Tuesday 9 February 2010

London Calling...

Well, spent the last few days in London. I have a strange relationship with London, I'd call it a love/hate relationship, but I can't. I don't like it. The people are rude, soo rude! Take today for example, popped into a shop, which shall remain nameless but is a pretty big tourist destination shop just off Leicester Square, to get a couple of very cool T-shirts. Walked in, directly to the part of the shop we needed to be in, said hello to the guy working there and proceeded to decide on the shirts. The guy followed us around, and I don't mean he kept a discrete eye on us, he was a foot away from me. Everytime I turned he was there, almost breathing down my neck. I picked up a shirt, and he reached past me to tidy the space I had left, within 2 seconds of me picking up the shirt. He was about 30 seconds from me telling him to piss off when I realised Caroline (my girlfriend) was complaining to the staff. Just so rude!
There are little moments I do like, but they are merely small moments in a sea of vile! I like the tube, but I don't like the stupid people who travel on it. They run like their life depended on it, when another train will be along in 2 minutes.
As the cliche goes, I'm English by birth, but Northern by the grace of whatever deity you pray to!

1 comment: