Tuesday 17 February 2009

Blast from the past....

You know, when you meet someone, and you just know you will not get on? Well, this is a tale which goes back a few years now.
I met the woman, whose name shall remain hidden, I will call her BB, when I went to teach at a High School in East Kilbride. For my transatlantic viewers that is a small town just outside Glasgow. Which is in Scotland.
So, as a new teacher, I needed help and support from the head of my department. Did I get that? Did I fuck! From the moment I met her she was nothing but hostile towards me, even going so far as to tell me that no new male teacher had ever done well in that school. What the fuck am I supposed to say to that? So, when, after a few months, I decided to leave the profession, it was with a happy feeling in my belly that I will never need to see BB again.
Until yesterday. Standing in my shop during half term, I look out of the window to see her shapeless form shuffling down the street. I ran to the window, thinking, was it her? No, surely not. What are the odds of her turning up in York and walking past my shop, almost exactly 4 years after I turned my back on helping children and focused on entertaining them instead? She had passed by the time I got to the window and I couldn’t be sure it was her. So I thought nothing of it.
Then today, as I popped out to the post office, there she was standing at the end of my street. Definitely her, 100%. How much did I have to stop my self from hurling things at her? Well, I will admit I struggled.
But anyway, there goes my rant….I hate that woman. And I don’t say that lightly. Most of the teachers in my department were really welcoming and friendly, helpful when I needed it, just not her. The male teachers put a little more effort in, one or two in particular were very good to me and I would like to thank them, even though they will never read this. But anyway, thanks Kenny and Alan.
Okay, maybe my rage has passed a little now…
Peace out!

No comments:

Post a Comment