Saturday 13 March 2010

Busy busy...

Well, it’s been quite a week for me.  Things have taken a big leap forward and are actually exciting! The week started with a photoshoot, which was cool, but I don’t photograph well, and I certainly don’t pose.  I look like Chandler Bing!  We got some nice pictures, and some really awful ones.  One or two homo-erotic poses, but then this is me and Howard we are talking about.  We have been known to have a ‘gay vibe’.  But Howard’s news this week will have gone some way to dispel that, maybe.  Howard and Kendal are officially pregnant.  Congratulations to them, delighted for you!

Been a strange week at work, not one that I’ll go into here, this is not the arena.

Went to see Defending The Caveman on Monday night, greatly enjoyed myself.  It did veer close to the ‘generic differences between men and women’ line but there were some very clever points in there.  I consistently smiled all the way through and had some proper belly laughs as well, and Mark Little is very likeable. A good night out!

Then Wednesday I bowled, badly.  Had a good night though so it’s all good.  Soo tired this week, not nearly enough mooching time. 

During the week Helen and I decided on the name for our theatre company, we will be known as Chameleon Theatre.  Our first production will hopefully be an adaptation of Kevin Smith’s Clerks.  We have decided to delay it until the end of the summer now, in favour of doing some fundraising in the meantime.  A former colleague from the Screen is a very talented artist and is going to design a logo for us for the theatre company.  All good!  Also, we got our first merchandise...the badges arrived.  2 designs and they look really good.  Hitting the promo trail hard.

So, now it’s announcement time...

Monday April 26th, City Screen Basement, Howard and I will be performing our podcast ‘Aurally Fixated’ live in front of an audience, well hopefully.  Helen and I came up with the idea of doing a night of comedy, sketches and stuff.  The current plan is to perform some sketches, Howard will do some standup, then the main event will be the podcast recording.  Booked the venue, sorted the sound man to record it for us, Jonny is going to film it, so we can even release a video version!  Good times.

Now we just need to write some material...

No comments:

Post a Comment